Severe weather expected today…
There is the potential for strong to severe thunderstorms in our area this afternoon.
The National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center has placed our viewing area under a SLIGHT risk of severe storms.
- If you can safely get to a sturdy building, then do so immediately.
- Go to a safe room, basement, or storm cellar.
- If you are in a building with no basement, then get to a small interior room on the lowest level.
- Stay away from windows, doors, and outside walls.
- Do not get under an overpass or bridge. You’re safer in a low, flat location.
- Watch out for flying debris that can cause injury or death.
- Use your arms to protect your head and neck.